The imperative to foster global gender economic equity.
“Women’s economic empowerment is not just a moral imperative, it is an economic no-brainer.” Women make significant contributions to economic growth, wealth creation, innovation, employment, and human capital. Yet, their participation is constrained by structural impediments and biases – lower wages, fewer employment options, non-payment for care work within families, poor health care and benefits, under-valuation of economic contributions. As a result, we all lose! If the economic pie is bigger and more equitably distributed we will all be better off.
Dr. Margo Thomas
As Founder and CEO of the Women’s Economic Imperative, Dr. Thomas serves as a catalyst for initiatives aimed at increasing opportunities for the economic empowerment of disadvantaged and under-represented groups globally. Specific milestones include;
- At the World Bank Group, Dr. Thomas provided policy advice to over 50 national and sub-national governments.
- UN: Chief of Secretariat for the United Nations Secretary-General’s High-Level Panel on Women’s Economic Empowerment.
- T20 Argentina: Co-Chair, Task Force on Gender Economic Equity
- T20 Japan: Co-Chair, Task Force on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- T20 Saudi Arabia: Social Cohesion Task Force.
- Fellow, Global Solutions Institute
- Associate Fellow, Chatham House, The Royal Institute of International Affairs, London, in the Global Economy and Finance practice
- Doctoral Degree in Public Policy, the University of Manchester UK
With Web3.0 in the news and being talked about in the general media, most of us are still in the dark about what this means. In addition, there seems to be a new language that...
Dan will explain how marketing will drastically change in web3 and the metaverse as we go to community-centric brands. With the adoption of DAOs and other community-driven projects, brands and people need to look at...
In this talk, Fabiola breaks down the need for empowering other women, especially women artisans and female entrepreneurs to sustain their craft knowledge and skills. She shares her experience partnering with women artisans and female...